The IBL Commentary and The IBL Forum: Short Introduction

The International Bible Lessons Commentary includes five commentaries on the International Sunday School Lessons [ISSL] from the KJV, ESV, NASB, NRSV, and NIV translations, along with discussion and study questions, crossword puzzles, true and false tests, and word search puzzles. An audio version of each week's commentary is also freely available.  The International Bible Lessons Commentary is available for use by all Bible teachers and students. 

The International Bible Lessons Forum is the companion discussion forum for registered Bible students and teachers to discuss each week's lesson. Bible students and teachers can ask questions about the International Bible Lesson materials as well as interpretation questions of difficult verses and texts. Teachers are also encouraged to share how they plan to teach a lesson or ask for help in teaching a lesson. To comment or post to the International Bible Lessons Forum, please register. To prevent SPAM and protect registered users privacy, all applicants are approved by a forum moderator. Anyone can freely read what is posted on the forum. From time to time, additional free materials are made available only to registered IBL Forum members.

For the love of God's Word,
L.G. Parkhurst, Jr.

Comments

• edited October 2016
    I have read your book on Edith and Francis Schaeffer's prayers and have taught prayer studies from it.  Let me highly recommend it to anyone who has not used this.  Or studied it for themselves as a prayer guide.  I wish it were available in print as well as a e book.  I like to carry things around with me, make notes and I use my computer as an ebook.  But otherwise I love your thinking process.  Glad to be a part of IBL.
  • Thank you very much for your kind comments. Perhaps as time permits I can work on reprinting the book in paperback! Thank you for teaching about prayer and thank you for praying for the IBL! I hope I can make the commentaries more helpful in the weeks ahead. What I have discovered, that others may want to try, is I am praying through the Bible verses before I write the short 300 word Bible Lesson. From my experience, I would think this praying method that Edith Schaeffer taught me would help other teachers too.

May God bless your teaching!
    L.G.