Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worthy Purposes for Teaching from Psalms 23

As teachers, one of our purposes in teaching is the same as that of God, the Shepherd, in the Twenty-Third Psalm. In three different translations, we read: “He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake”; “He restores my soul. He leads me in right paths for his name's sake”; “He refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name's sake” (Psalms 23:3). 

As teachers, one of our purposes in teaching the Bible is to help those who need to learn truths that will restore or refresh their souls after a week in the world and to refresh and restore their souls for facing a new week. 

Another purpose is to teach Biblical truths that will lead our students to live righteously in the week ahead, to walk in right paths, to follow the guidance of the Bible and the Holy Spirit as they make decisions.  

Bible teachers want to help their students, and they teach the Bible for the sake of Jesus’ name. As we study and teach the Bible, we want to learn truths about God and the Bible so what we say and the way we live will rightly represent God and Christ before the world where so many people desperately need to know Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and receive the help they need from Him to turn from walking on the wrong paths to walking on the right paths for their sake and the sake of God’s name. 

Can you think of and share with others on the Forum any guidance for teachers that you have gleaned from Psalm 23? 

For the love of God’s Word, 
L.G.